July 23, 2012- CURRENT JOB OPENINGS
Inside Sales Professional- Safety and Relief Valves
A leader in valve repair services and new valve sales looking for an inside sales professional to continue growing our business throughout the Southeast.
The inside sales representative will work cooperatively with outside sales and other members of the distribution team to grow existing customers, create new customers and meet or exceed monthly sales quotas at the appropriate gross margin while increasing customer satisfaction.
• Over the phone lead generation and follow up; cold calling, and sales activities to qualify prospects and determine need, budget and key decision makers.
• Professional representation of industrial products and valve manufacturers.
• Display knowledge of Valve and Actuation applications along with general industrial/electrical/
• Identifies customer product needs and coordinates execution of quotes and follow up to learn what objections need to be overcome for future inquiries.
• Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner
• Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions
• Present price, credit and terms in accordance with standard procedures and customers’ profitability profiles
• Accurately process customer transactions such as orders, quotes or returns
• Provide accurate information regarding availability of in-stock items
• Obtain accurate information from vendors relating to shipment dates and expected date of delivery
• Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sale items
• Fill requests for catalogs, information or samples
• Remain current on consumer preferences, changes in local codes and product developments by attending sales meetings, vendor training and trade shows, or reading trade journals
• Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other members of the distribution team
• Maintain proficiency in using personal computer, data entry terminal and other common office equipment and software
• Follow company policies and procedures
• Present a professional image at all times to customers and vendors
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope:
Nature of work requires independence, persistence and a goal oriented self starter.
Work review typically involves periodic review of sales performance goals and ability to work within a team sales environment.
Outstanding communication skills are required to be successful in managing the relationship with the customer.
Education and Experience: Typically requires college or technical education. Generally minimum of 2-5 years of experience in related field.
• Industrial selling experience is preferred.
• Knowledge with Business to Business Sales.
• Computer skills- Email, word processing, scheduling and computer based lead management systems.
• Ability to set goals, learn new products and work very hard to build long term customer relationships.
Send Resume to:
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Compensation: Base plus commission