SEVERE SERVICE (FE)FluoroSeal Inc. developed the Severe Service (FE) Sleeved Plug Valve for tight emission control. Intended for applications in processes involving thermal cycling or a high number of mechanical operations. This compact but robust package is based on the standard FluoroSeal® Sleeved Plug Valve design combined with other proven seal technologies. Extensive field experience has demonstrated this valve’s ability to perform in a variety of severe applications.FluoroSeal® Severe Service (FE) Valves have one of the best fugitive emissions test results on the market, as demonstrated by independent lab testing.
FluoroSeal® Lined Plug Valves use high precision investment casting method for all major pressure holding components. The standard base model offers:
- Carbon Steel body, plug, and cover (ASTM A216 Gr. WCB).
- Low porosity PFA (Perfluoroalkoxy) as standard liner
- All cast parts have an acrylic-based coating prior to lining for added protection from corrosion attack due to permeation
ANSI-SLEEVED PLUG VALVE DESIGN FEATURES
- Bi-directional in-line bubble-tight seal independent of line pressure
- Multiple external bubble-tight seals independent of line pressure
- Direct mechanical three-point adjustment independent of line pressure
- Independent travel stops
- Full encapsulation and retention of all leading edges of PTFE sleeve and top seal components
- Full lip at port openings protects PTFE sleeve
- Contoured waterway ensures minimum flow turbulence characteristic
- No body cavities to entrap flow media
- Positive flow direction indication
- Drilled and tapped flange actuation-mounting pads independent of cover and top seal assembly. This feature is optional on lever-operated valves (1/2″ thru 4″) in HASTELLOY®, INCONEL®, Titanium, and Zirconium alloys
FluoroSeal® Lined Plug Valves feature an unpigmented virgin PFA lining applied by Transfer Molding and locked into castings by machined dovetail-shaped grooves, and cast dovetail-shaped recesses in body castings and cast holes.
- Prevents liner collapse in vacuum conditions
- Prevents blowout in high temperature and pressure combined conditions
- Transfer Molding ensures equal distribution and consistency of liner throughout the entire surface of the lined components as per ASTM F1545
- No weak sections in the valve liner
- All liner defects are directly visible