Quality, reliability, safety, and value are Henry Pratt Company’s criteria embodied in the Multi-Port plug valve.
Multi Port Plug Valve
- Quality, reliability, safety, and value are Henry Pratt Company’s criteria embodied in the Multi-Port plug valve.
- High-quality manufacturing processes from advanced CAD engineering to CNC machining ensure reliable operation with high flow capability.
- The Pratt Multi-Port plug valve is designed for regulation, diversion, and isolation of water (clean or dirty) and sludge and slurries. The single tapered plug design can be arranged to provide a wide selection of flow configurations.
- High flow and large solids passage are key features of the Pratt Multi-Port plug valve; a 3” round solid can pass through a 4” valve without compression.
- Although the regular usage of a Pratt Multi-Port valve is for flow diversion applications, the valve can provide tight shut-off, which is factory set when requested at order placement. (Not available with a double-style plug or on 14” and 16” valves).
Multi Port Plug Valve Body & Seat:
- The Multi-Port plug valve body is a high integrity casting in cast iron ASTM A126 Class B. The precision machined, internal tapered surface of the body is the valve seat which is provided with a corrosion and erosion-resistant epoxy coating. Other materials are available.
Multi Port Plug Valve Plug:
- The ductile iron plug is totally encapsulated (3” thru 12”) with a molded and vulcanized elastomer providing sealing and tight shut-off. For tight shut-off applications, it is advisable that the flow is against the rear of the plug. Tight shut-off is not available with a double-style plug or on 14” and 16” valves.