Specs & Brochures
AWWA Swing Check Valve Series 8001
AWWA Swing Check Valve Outside Lever and Weight or Spring
Series 8001 swing check valves are of self-contained, free-swinging disc style with outside lever and weight or outside lever and spring. Valves conform to all standards set forth in AWWA C508, latest edition. Suitable for use in wastewater, water, sewage, oil and gas applications. Valves are produced with cast iron body, bronze or stainless steel seat rings, Buna-N or EPDM disc inserts, and hinge pins of corrosion resistant stainless steel. Internal and external epoxy coating conforming to AWWA C550 is a standard. Valves are designed for horizontal or vertical installations and for uninterrupted continuous service.
Series 8001 swing check valve specifications:
- Sizes: 2" - 72"
- Full waterway
- Stainless steel hinge pin
- Flanges conform to ANSI B16.1 Class 125
- Lever and weight may be installed on either side
- Valves may be installed in vertical line with flow up
- Disc seat standard with Buna-N insert for bubble tight shut off
- Body and disc seat rings are field replaceable
- Meets AWWA C508 standards
- Low zinc bronze or stainless steel seat rings
- ANSI B16.1: Cast iron pipe flanges and flanged fittings, Class 125
- AWWA C508: Swing check valves for waterworks service, 2" through 24"
- 8 mils NSF 61 epoxy in and out
- Bronze to Bronze
- Bronze to Buna-N
- Stainless Steel
- Test Pressures:
SizeSeat*Shell2" -12"200 psi400 psi14" - 72"150 psi300 psi