Specs & Brochures
Kunkle Cast Iron Liquid Relief Valves Model 91, 218, 228
Pressure and Temperature Limits** Model 91: 5 psig to 400 psig; -20°F to 406°F Models 218, 228: 60 psig to 200 psig; -20°F to 406°F
Pressure and Temperature Limits**
Model 91: 5 psig to 400 psig; -20°F to 406°F
Models 218, 228: 60 psig to 200 psig; -20°F to 406°F
Furnished standard with ANSI rated B16.1 - 250# inlet flange and ANSI rated B16.1 - 125# outlet flange.
** For other pressure and temperature limits, consult ANSI B16 cast iron flange standards.
Cast Iron Liquid Relief Valves
Model 91: Bronze trim, with pressure-tight cap. Suitable for maximum back pressure of 60 psig*. Variation "03" for field adjustability.
Model 218: Bronze trim, UL and FM approved for fire pump installations. Special design offers minimum set pressure of 60 psig*. Easily adjustable with handwheel to 200 psig (175 psig with optional 125# inlet flange).
Model 228: Bronze trim, with pressure-tight cap. UL and FM approved for fire pump installations. Suitable for maximum back pressure of 60 psig*. Supplied with handwheel.
* Back pressure increases set pressure on a one to one basis, and reduces capacity. Back pressure in excess of 10% of set pressure is not recommended.
Features & Benefits:
- Bolted bonnet permits easy inspection and servicing without removal from system.
- Quality cast iron body and bonnet, insert and disc are available in either bronze or Stainless Steel (SS) and lapped for optimum performance.
- Springs are steel with plating for corrosion protection.
- High lift, wing-guided disc offers high relieving capacity. Pivot between disc and spring corrects misalignment and compensates for spring side thrust.
- Each Kunkle valve is tested and inspected for pressure setting and leakage.