The Pratt® RD-Series Check Valve has only one moving part: a resilient disc reinforced with steel. This simple, innovative valve provides dependable, maintenance-free performance, and quiet operation with its inherent non-slam construction. The large, unobstructed flow path makes the valve an excellent choice for wastewater as well as water applications. The design has undergone a rigorous 1,000,000 continuous cycle test with no signs of wear or distortion to the valve disc or seat. All sizes have a 250 psi rating.
Pratt RD-Series Check Valve Specifications:
- RD-Series Check Valve sizes:
- 2″ through 24″ flanged ends
- 3″ through 16″ mechanical joint ends
- Body: Ductile Iron in ASTM A-536 Grade 65-45-12, and features a full flow area providing 100% unrestricted flow and low head loss. Flanges are in full compliance with ANSI B16.1, Class 125.
- Bonnet: Ductile iron domed access bonnet allows for easy removal and inspection of the flexible disc assembly.
- Disc: The only moving part, featuring a fully Buna-N encapsulated steel disc with nylon reinforcement in the flex area. The molded elastomer with an integral O-ring ensures a bubble-tight shut-off, without backflow.
- Seat: Constructed on a 45° angle to reduce the travel of the disc to the full open position; significantly reducing the potential for water hammer.
- Flow: The flow area is equal to or greater than the equivalent pipe size throughout, resulting in low head losses, compared to other types of check valves.
- Installation: Suitable for both horizontal and vertical pipelines with flow upward.
- Coatings: The valve interior is fully coated with liquid thermosetting epoxy suitable for use in potable water service. The exterior is provided as standard with a universal primer enamel suitable for coating in the field. Special coatings can be furnished on request.
- RD-Series Check Valve Accessories/Options:
- Disc position indicator
- External backflow device – to manually open the disc
- Proximity limit switch – to transmit an electrical signal to indicate when the disc is open or closed
- EPDM disc option
- Stainless steel cover bolts
- RD-Series Check Valve complies with AWWA C508 Standards
- NSF/ANSI 61/372 Certified