With the ASME Code, API standards/recommended practices, National Board documents and many other regulatory bodies overseeing the sizing, selection, installation and preventative maintenance of pressure relief devices in all key industries, this training is a very good overview and may provide continuing education credits.
Course Materials Certificates & CE
Each seminar attendee receives a Certificate of Achievement containing the seminar details, date, title and material content. Many past attendees have used the technical seminar to fulfill 2 hours of Continuing Education (CE) requirements for their Professional Engineering certification.
Safety Relief Valve Technical Course Outline
1. Principle of Operation
a. Weighted Pallet Valve
b. Direct Spring Operated Valves
c. Pilot Operated Valves
2. ASME Section VIII Requirements, Unfired Pressure Vessel Code and ASME Section I Power Boilers
3. API Recommended Practices (510,520..1,2, 521, 526, 527 & 576)
4. Sizing Valves- ASME vs API (Pentair Relief Valve Sizing Program Demo)
5. Installation- ASME, API, NB
7. Advantages and Limitations of valve types
8. Operation demonstration video of steam, liquid & gas
Flotech, Inc. will present at your facility and host a complimentary lunch with some attendance requirements.
Who Should Attend
Engineering, operations, maintenance, and planning personnel- new to the pressure relief devices environment or desiring a review and understanding of the applicable codes and standards. They also serve as effective refresher courses for experienced personnel and offer unique forums for the interchange of information.
To schedule contact Flotech